As a student-athlete, I am always on the go. Any healthy, unprocessed snack I can take with me is great. I remember eating apple chips when I was young and I still love their crunchy sweetness today.
I found this simple little recipe on Pinterest and it is delicious! They go great with a sandwich, is an easy snack for between classes and would be perfect for a kid’s lunch.
Oven Baked Apple Chips
Fresh Apples (any kind works, I used Granny Smith this time)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Core and slice apples as thinly as possible. I use a mandible, but you can do this with a knife as well. No need to peel the apples unless you prefer.
3. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place apple slices on them.
4. Sprinkle slices with desired amount of cinnamon.
5. Bake slices for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until the slices are lightly brown and crisp. If slices are not completely crisp, don’t worry, they will harden as they cool.
6. Allow to cool and store in air tight container. They last up to 3 days, longer if refrigerated.