Good evening! I hope everyone is having a wonderful night. I told you I would be back with another delightful recipe to go with the delicious spaghetti squash, so here we go!
I have been seeing this infamous “cauliflower crust pizza” all over Pinterest lately. It has definitely caught my attention (and apparently a ton of other people’s). Being my normal, adventurous self I decided to give it a whirl. But I didn’t have a hankering for pizza (I’ve got my cheesy quinoa pizza bites to handle that), I was craving some garlic bread. So here is my version of the cauliflower crust pizza craze:
Cheesy Garlic “Bread”
1 head of cauliflower
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
1 clove of crushed garlic
1 cup of shredded mozzarella + more for topping
marinara sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut stalks and leaves from cauliflower. Rice the cauliflower florets with either a cheese grater or food processor (essentially, chop it up until it looks like rice).
3. Place riced cauliflower in the microwave for 3 min with 1/4 cup of water. Stir. Cook for 4 min more.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl. Add riced cauliflower.
5. Grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
6. Press mixture thinly onto pan. Brush with olive oil.
7. Bake for 15 min or until golden brown.
8. Top with more cheese, a little bit of butter, and some garlic salt. Broil on high until cheese is brown and bubbly.
If I had to do it all over again (which I will!) I would try using my blender to rice the cauliflower. I have a nice little gash in my finger from grating it using my mandible. It is not traditional garlic cheesy bread by any means, but it hit the spot. It went perfectly with my delicious spaghetti squash. I hope you will be as adventurous as me and give it a try!