Good Morning and happy Friday! I hope everyone is as excited for their 3 day weekend as I am. If I am lucky there will be a BBQ or two involved, but we’ll see.
This morning after my run I was craving something a little different so I decided to channel my creative juices. Why not make a pizza inspired omelette? It is packed with protein and flavor, what’s not to love?
Pepperoni Pizza Omelette
Red Pepper, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
pizza sauce for dipping
1. Saute pepperoni, onion, peppers, and garlic in a little bit of butter.
2. Beat eggs. Add basil and oregano.
3. Pour eggs over saute in skillet.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cook until eggs are no longer jiggly and the cheese is melted.
5. Fold in half, dip or smother in pizza sauce. Enjoy!
This omelette is PACKED with pizza flavor. You can mix in any of your favorite pizza toppings and I am sure it would be delicious. It is a great way to start your morning and sure to keep you full until lunch. Give it a try!