Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the start of their long holiday weekend.
For those of you who are entertaining a crowd this holiday weekend, I’ve got a delicious crowd pleaser for you. Frittatas are versatile and delicious. They make a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner (mine was more of a brunch). Best of all, it takes about 20 minutes to whip it together. What could be better? Minimal effort for maximum delicious result.
12 eggs, beaten
1 lb ground beef, browned
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno, chopped
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno in a small amount of coconut oil.
3. Combine with browned ground beef, and sprinkle with spices.
4. In separate bowl, beat eggs.
5. Spread beef and veggies mixture into 11×7 glass casserole dish. Pour eggs over mixture.
6. Cover with tin foil tightly and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
I garnished my frittata with avocado and cherry tomatoes. You can do that or use something else, the world is your oyster. The leftovers (if there are any) can be stored in the fridge and reheated as desired. Give it a try this weekend!