Remember that delicious burger in my last post? It seemed kind of lonely didn’t it? I think so. But you can’t ruin a clean, delicious, healthy burger with some deep-fried potatoes can you? Well you can, but you shouldn’t.
So what do you do?
Pulling a little inspiration from a previous post of mine, Simple. Sweet. Delicious. Apple Chips., I have come up with a wonderful addition to your lettuce wrapped burger:
Sweet Potato Chips
2-3 Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Slice sweet potatoes thinly using either a mandible or very sharp knife.
4. Arrange slices on lined baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Bake for 1.5 hours.Flip slices over. Bake for an additional 1.5 hours.
6. Allow to cool. They will harden/crisp while cooling. Serve.
These can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. They are crunchy and salty with a little hint of sweet. They go perfectly with burgers or any other lettuce wrap. They would be perfect for your Labor Day BBQ tomorrow!