I have never really been a fish person. Seafood, for most of my life, has grossed me out. I have always been able to dabble with shrimp, but until recently, everything else was a no. I have slowly but surely worked some mild white fish into my diet. If I am really feeling bold I can eat a small piece of salmon, but only if it is drenched in lemon and I can’t taste it.
This recipe was inspired by my mother. She made something very similar last week while I was at home. The main ingredient in her recipe is mayonnaise. Not exactly the cleanest thing in the world, although it was still delicious. Taking the same basic concepts from her recipe, I developed my own and it turned out nicely:
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
4 pieces of tilapia
1 8 ounce container of greek yogurt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese + extra to top
1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place tilapia on foil.
2. Broil on high for 3 minutes. Flip and broil for 3 more minutes. Flip one last time and broil for a final 2 minutes.
3. In small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, spices, and cheese.
4. Spread the topping on each of the pieces. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
5. Broil for an additional 3-5 min or until lightly golden brown.
This turned out fantastically. It is creamy but light at the same time with great flavor. The best part about this recipe: it took me 15 minutes start to finish! I will definitely be making this one again. Give it a try! You will be pleasantly surprised about how easy it is.