Good morning everyone! I popped out of bed nice and early this morning despite going to bed at a later than normal time. I think my brain and body are sort of on an earlier morning routine, even though they don’t really need to be. But it’s not a bad thing for me. It gives me more daylight to be productive!
While most mornings, I start with a hearty omelette, sometimes I get bored with it. They are quick to fix and because it is packed with protein, it keeps me full which is great. But like I said, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. I can switch up the filling as much as I want, but at the end of the day, the main taste and texture of the dish doesn’t change much.
So this morning I decided to switch it up and make something different. I opted for pancakes and bacon. Sort of.
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1-2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup coconut milk+1 tbsp
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
coconut oil for cooking
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet or griddle over medium heat.
2. Wisk together all ingredients.
3. Drop in spoonfuls onto heated skillet. Be sure to not make them too thick or they will not cook all the way through.
4. Cook until each side is golden brown. About 2 minutes per side.
1. Lightly smash the blackberries with a fork in a small sauce pan. Drizzle with honey for extra sweetness if desired. I found them to be plenty sweet without it, but to each his own.
2. Over low to medium-low heat, cook berries until they begin to lightly boil, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat and serve over pancakes.
I have made the pancakes before, but this time, they turned out much better. I tweaked my original recipe by adding a little more coconut milk. It made the batter a bit more runny which helped make thinner pancakes. They were easier to flip and handle while cooking. I was very happy with the blackberry sauce, It turned out AMAZING! Way better than the maple syrup I would have poured over the pancakes any other time. It was so good I may try to incorporate it into a dinner dish. If I have success with it I will be sure to pass it along!
Fundraising update: I am truly blown away by people’s generosity. In less than 24 hours I was able to raise about 90% of my goal! You guys rock! I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your outpouring of support.